SPH Plant Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://sphplant.co.uk, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on SPH Plant’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials without written consent.
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial).
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on SPH Plant’s website.
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by SPH Plant at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on SPH Plant’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. SPH Plant makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Furthermore, SPH Plant does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall SPH Plant or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on SPH Plant’s website, even if SPH Plant or a SPH Plant authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on SPH Plant website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. SPH Plant does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. SPH Plant may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time and without notice. However, SPH Plant does not make any commitment to update the materials.
SPH Plant has not reviewed all sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SPH Plant of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
SPH Plant may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that country or location.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the address specified by the Buyer on the date specified by the Seller. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
The time of delivery specified by the Seller is an estimate only. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and while every reasonable effort will be made to comply with such dates compliance is not guaranteed and the Buyer shall have no right to damages or to cancel the order for failure for any cause to meet any delivery time stated.
If the Seller is unable to deliver/collect the Goods and Services for reasons beyond its control, due to issues at the Buyer’s site, then the Seller shall be entitled to make charge for the aborted delivery.
Tank or tanks must be completely cleaned and emptied by the Seller upon notification of the end of hire.
10. Acceptance – Equipment Purchase Only
The Seller is a distributor of goods and the Buyer is exclusively responsible for detailing the specification of the Goods, for ascertaining the use to which they will be put and for determining their ability to function for that purpose.
The Buyer is required to test Goods upon delivery and shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods once the delivery note had been signed. Accordingly, no claim for defect, damage or quality will be entertained (without prejudice to the Seller’s other rights pursuant to these Conditions) unless written notice together with all supporting evidence is received by the Seller within 14 days of delivery. After acceptance the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject Goods which are not in accordance with the contract.
The Buyer shall not remove or otherwise interfere with the marks or numbers on the Goods.
11. Acceptance – Goods and Services
Upon completion of any installation at the Buyer’s site, the Buyer shall inspect the works along with a senior member of the Sellers installation team to ensure that the works have been carried out in accordance with the site plan. All equipment will be tested by the Seller and signed for, as satisfactory by the Buyer.
Risk of damage or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer in the case of Goods to be delivered at the Seller’s premises, once the Goods arrive at the Buyer’s site, irrespective of the Goods forming a cash transaction, or part of a Goods and Services (i.e. supply and installation) package.
All goods on hire by the buyer must have adequate insurance to cover goods, valuations may be given upon request.
13. Insolvency of Buyer
If the Buyer fails to make payment for the Goods in accordance with the contract of sale or commits any other breach of this contract of sale or if any distress or execution shall be levied upon any of the Buyer’s property or the Goods or if the Buyer offers to make any arrangement with its creditors or commits an act of bankruptcy or if any petition in bankruptcy is presented against the Buyer or the Buyer is unable to pay its debts as they fall due or if being a limited company any resolution or petition to wind up the Buyer (other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction without insolvency) shall be passed or presented of if a receiver, administrator administrative receiver or manager shall be appointed over the whole or any part of the Buyer’s business or assets or if the Buyer shall suffer any analogous proceedings under foreign law or if any such matter as provided for in this clause is reasonably apprehended by the Seller all sums outstanding in respect of the Goods and Services shall become payable immediately.
The Seller may in the circumstances set out in clause 9.1 above also in its absolute discretion, and without prejudice to any other rights which it may have, exercise any of its rights pursuant to clause 8 above.
Where the Goods are found to be defective, the Seller shall, replace defective Goods free of charge within the manufacturer’s warranty period if acceptable from the date of delivery, subject to the following conditions: –
- The Buyer notifying the Seller in writing immediately upon the defect becoming apparent.
- The defect being due to faulty design, materials, or workmanship.
- Any Goods to be repaired or replaced shall be returned to the Seller at the Buyer’s expense, if so requested by the Seller.
- Where the Goods have been manufactured and supplied to the Seller by a third party, any warranty granted to the Seller in respect of the Goods shall be passed on to the Buyer and the Buyer shall have no other remedy against the Seller
- The Seller shall be entitled in its absolute discretion to refund the Price of the defective Goods in the event that the price has already been paid.
- The remedies contained in this Clause are without prejudice and subject to the other Conditions herein,
No liability of any nature shall be incurred or accepted by the Seller in respect of any representation made by the Seller, or on its behalf, to the Buyer, or to any party acting on its behalf, prior to the making of this contract where such representations were made or given in relation to the correspondence of the Goods with any description or sample; the quality of the Goods; or the fitness of the Goods for any purpose whatsoever.
No liability of any nature shall be accepted by the Seller to the Buyer in respect of any express term of this contract where such term relates in any way to the correspondence of the Goods with any description the quality of the Goods; or the fitness of the Goods for any purpose whatsoever. Except where the Buyer deals as a consumer all other warranties, conditions or terms relating to fitness for purpose, quality or condition of the Goods, whether express or implied by statute or common law or otherwise are hereby excluded from the contract to the fullest extent permitted by law.
For the avoidance of doubt the Seller will not accept any claim for consequential or financial loss of any kind however caused.
16. Limitation of Liability
Where any court or arbitrator determines that any part of Clause 14 above is, for whatever reason, unenforceable, the Seller shall be liable for all loss or damage suffered by the Buyer but in an amount not exceeding the Price.
Nothing contained in these Conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury as a result of the Seller’s negligence or that of its employees or agents.